Created in 1924, the Guides’Festival is the key event in summer in the Chamonix Valley. In a friendly atmosphere, celebrate and honour the guides of the valley from August,12th to 15th 2014.
Every year since 1824 and every August 15th, takes place the Guides’Festival in Chamonix, organized by the Company des Guides.
Created in 1921, this is the first high mountain guides company over the world and the big one by its number of members. It includes more than 240 professionals and guides.
This festival is a way to honour these guides who take people throughout the Mont-Blanc Massif as well as the other mountains in the world. This traditional event is a way to highlight the sportive activities available in the mountains and to pay tribute to the guides.
During an expedition to the Mont Blanc in 1820, three guides were killed. The Chamonix Guides Company was created as a fund raising event to help members of the Compagny des Guides in financial needs, due to injuries or after the loss of the mountain guides.
The funds raised at this event are for the “Emergency Fund” and provide assistance to the families of the victim mountain guides.
Today, thanks to the company, high mountain professional perpetuate the passion and the expertise of their elders, pioneers in the discovery of mountaineering.
– In the morning: a parade followed by the traditional ceremony on the forecourt in front of the church of Chamonix, the call of the guides, a medal giving for the newcomers and the blessing of ropes and ice axes. On site: stands of exhibitors, entertainment and refreshments on the Place du Triangle de l’amitié.
– From the afternoon to the evening: on the open-air site of Les Gaillands in Chamonix
– from 4pm to 7.30pm: entertainment for children
– from 6pm to 6.30pm: demonstration of a helicopter rescue by the PGHM of Chamonix
– from 7pm to 9pm: Concert with “The Lucky old” group – from 9pm to 9.30pm: Alpine horns – from 9.30pm: the evening goes on with a light and sound show (“Cosmic Trip”), created and played by the guides of the Company, followed by a fireworks show. To extend the evening in a musical atmosphere, a DJ will also be present.
For further information :
– Entrance fees: adults: € 15 / Children under 12: € 5 / free for children under 5
– Phone: +33 (0)4 50 53 00 88 / Email : email@example.com / Web site: www.chamonix-guides.com
– Point of sale : Guide’s Company in Argentière, Chamonix, Les Houches, Les Gaillands, Tourist Office in Chamonix and Les Houches.
All InclusiveBest Rates Guaranteed !
Ils parlent de nous !Learn more